Sunday, December 7, 2014

Nate is 5!

Why does 5 seem so big? Right now it feels like he is so big and growing up so fast. Will I feel this way when he's turning 18 and I look back and think, 5 is so little! Probably.  But for now, my heart aches at how quickly the last 5 years have passed and how grown up my baby seems to be now.

Nate is still our sweet and sensitive soul.  He wants to please and therefore tends to follow.  He doesn't like making us upset (although has his moments like any kid) but is for the most part a really good kid.  He is loving pre-k and learning so much.  He doesn't always want to go-some days would much rather spend the day at home playing with his toys but by the end of a weekend is looking forward to seeing his friends again. 

His favorite toys to play with are any Imaginext guys but especially superheroes.  He is also getting more into legos.  He can't build the sets by himself yet but has started looking at the duplo pictures and building those for Maddie by himself. He loves Tom & Jerry.  He loves being outside and even if it's cold out he will go out and play.  He loves pb&j and pizza.  He wants to be a superhero when he grows up.  He has a heart for Jesus and loves church and learning about God. 

Sometimes I just sit back as I listen to him talk and can't believe this is my baby and I'm sitting here having a conversation with him.  He has a great imagination and is creative. Just amazes me. We love you Nate. Happy fifth birthday.

No comments: